Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice, or RTF document file format.
- The text is single-spaced and the lines are numbered .
- Illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate positions, rather than at the end. Figures do not need to uploaded separately at initial submission (but will if the contribution is accepted for publication).
- Tables must be made with the word processor's table tool or in Excel, and cannot be entered directly in the manuscript with tabs or spaces separating columns.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Where available, DOIs for the references have been provided (or alternative URLs if no DOI is available).
Short Communications should aim not to exceed 2,000 words, include no more than two Figures/Tables, and should aim for 30 refereces or less. Abstracts should be around 125 words or shorter. Please note that these are guidelines, and that there may be justifications for deviating from these. Get in touch with the managing editor if you have any questions.
Contact the managing editor to discuss the submission, should you discover error(s) in your published work.
Forum is our section for opinion and debate contributions.
The copyright of each contribution belongs to the author(s), but all contributions are published under a Creative Commons license, so that anyone is free to share and reuse the contribution as long as the copyright holder is attributed.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.