Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Articles and other texts (see the headings below) may be submitted in Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, English or German. All articles are to be provided with an abstract in English, and those written in a Scandinavian language or German are to be supplemented with image captions in English.
ICO welcomes reviews on published books and articles on iconography and related fields. The text and file requirements are the same as for articles. The review may be accompanied by an image of the book cover and/or other appropriate illustrations; n.b. that it is the author’s responsibility to procure all copyright permissions.
Notices about newly published literature (alt. internet pages) providing full bibliographical data, and a short description of the content are also welcome.
The journal publishes notices about newly published literature (alt. internet pages) providing full bibliographical data, and a short description of the content.
Under this heading are published short texts such as:
Comments on recent articles in ICO; Questions and problems, where scholars may present iconographical problems and pose questions on specific topics to the reader community; News, where scholars may present new findings in the iconographical field or inform about new relevant exhibitions etc.
Scholars who wish to submit texts may contact the editor first or send the manuscript directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.