Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- IMPORTANT: Even if not all the items below apply to your submission, you should check them all after reading them.
- Text in word or similar editable progran, NOT as PDF
- Cover page with authors' information
- Keywords (up to 8)
- Highlights (3-5)
- Anonymized text and references
- Text and references in APA 7th ed. style
- Text thoroughly checked for spelling, grammar, and clarity (U. S. spelling)
- Ethics information
- Authors' contributions
- Declaration of interest
Research, whether quantitative, qualitative, or mixed, presenting new data or re-analyses. This category includes experiments and correlational studies, as well as systematic case studies, field research, historical analyses, and other systematic inquiry.
Theoretical and methodological papers
- Theoretical papersm which should include implications of the theory and fit to the extant data.
- Methodological/analytical papers with a focus on anomalous experiences and cognition.
This category refers to a process in which authors can send proposed research at the stage of a complete and thorough literature review and research design. If during the initial peer-review process the design is approved, following the approved protocol guarantees that the paper cannot be rejected on the bases of design issues or results obtained. For more information see https://www.cos.io/initiatives/registered-reports
Note that for this type of submission you are only required to send an initial literature review and a detailed research design.
Debates on contentious issues, by invitation only
Invited summaries of important reviews of a topic.
Book reviews, by invitation only
Letters to the editor
Letters to the editor about current issues or papers recently published in JAEX.
All articles published in JAEX are open access, freely and universally accessible online, and archived in the open journal’s Lund University website (https://journals.lub.lu.se). Articles in JAEX can be distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License CCBY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, with appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, a link to the Creative Commons license, and an indication if changes were made.